"I was waiting for a well structured course about the construction of letters for such long time and Liane 's course was exactly what I needed. I learned so much! Liane is very skilled and such a great and passionate teacher. I truly recommend her courses to anyone!" Claudia P, Italy
"Thank you so much for your time and dedication Liane, I learned so much in your class and am excited to apply some practice and improve in this craft! You are an incredible teacher and I’m honored to say I’ve attended one of your classes." Hunter, USA
Join me for a LIVE 6 WEEK ONLINE COURSE where you will be introduced to the fundamentals of signwriting and layout with professional hands-on tuition via ZOOM.
Learn how to construct block and casual lettering using a pencil first and then a brush. A range of set projects will be provided throughout the course. Receive instant feedback from Liane as you learn in the comfort of your own home!
This course is a beginner level course, open to all level and best suited for absolute beginners.
Class Dates & Session Time
Class Duration: 1 Hour - with half hour feedback session after (so total of 1.5 hours)
Term Duration: 6 weeks (one hour per week)
Video Classes held live via ZOOM
Option A - Tuesday Evening 6pm Australian Time (AEST) - Starting June 2nd, 2020
Option B - Thursday Morning 9am Australian Time (AEST) - Starting June 4th, 2020
To check your time zone - TIME ZONE CONVERTER
Classes start first week of JUNE 2020
NOTE: Price listed for this course is in USD
Tuesday Evening 06:00pm (1800hrs) AEST
(European/United Kingdom/Australian Timezone Friendly) - Please check timezone difference prior to booking.
Option B: Thursday morning 09:00am (0900hrs) AEST
(American/Canadian/Australian/etc Timezone Friendly) - please check timezone difference prior to booking.
NOTE: Pick ONE session time that best suits your timezone.
These are live sessions and will not be provided outside the session time.
Recordings will not be available.
- Downloadable PDF Workbook
- 6 x Live 1.5 hour Video Conference Classes (1 class per week)
- Set projects with feedback provided
- Maximum 8 students per session to allow feedback and interaction during class times.
The following items you will need to provide for the course:
- Comfortable space to learn and practice (any smooth wall or art easel will do!)
- HB Pencil
- Ruler (long ruler preferred but not essential)
- Plain Paper A3 or larger (brown paper or white paper, gloss surface preferred)
- Medium Signwriting Brush (Size 6 or similar)
- Paint (Enamel/Oil Based Paint is preferred, however acrylic/waterbased can be used)
- Mahl Stick (optional).
See supplier links below.
Delivery Method: ZOOM
You will need to download the latest free version of ZOOM to participate in the course. After booking the course you will be provided with meeting log in details to connect to class.
NOTE: Classes are delivered LIVE - no recordings will be provided.
Suggested Supplier Links for Brushes and Paints:
- AS Handover (UK) https://www.handover.co.uk/
- Flying Squirrel Brush Co (USA) https://signpainting.bigcartel.com/artist/flying-squirrel-brush-co
- Alpha6 Enamel Paint (Starter Kit with brush) https://alpha6corporation.com/product/try-our-paint-sale/
- MACK Sign Brushes https://www.mackbrush.com/product/mack-meyer-mop/
- One Shot Paint USA or UK http://www.1shot.com/One-Shot/where-to-buy.html
- One Shot Paint Australia https://www.1shotaustralia.com/
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is your responsibility to make the meeting/session each week at your designated time, these are LIVE SESSIONS therefore recordings of sessions will not be made available. Brush & Pen Design Studio will not be held responsible for missed sessons.
Refunds for missed sessions or full course will not be available.
ONLINE Beginner Signwriting Class
Note: Refunds are not available for this Online course, if you are unable to attend due to extenuating circumstances, your enrolment in the class can be transferred to a different term or course. Contact us via email to arrange.